I really can’t believe we are at the end of September!! It literally feels like 5 mins since I did the September goals and now we are on to October 2019 goals already!! eek!
That said Autumn and Winter are my favourite times of the year. Cold crisp days with blue skies – just can’t beat it! I do feel like the summer went so quick this year, and do not like the dark evenings as it feels as though you just get in from work and its almost bedtime!
Anyway on with the post…
Review of September 19 goals
I said I would :
- Try to not work excessive hours at work as it’s been a slippery slope recently – I think I actually more or less broke even – mainly as I had a Uni visit with Tom and hospital visits with my Mum and Ewan and was ill, but breaking even on hours is what it’s all about ✔
- Continue to lose at least 1lb per week (ideally more) – judging by the scales today I managed exactly 1lb per week – I would have liked more but being ill seriously affected me last week so haven’t been as active as I would have liked ✔
- Try to increase my water intake – I have definitely worked hard on this one so yes I would say that I achieved this one ✔
- Steps – aim for 8,000 steps at least 50% of the month and try to fit in 3 workouts whether its a jog or beach body workout – I managed over 8000 steps for 18 days in Sept but the last week when I was ill really stopped me smashing this one. I only managed 2 Beachbody workouts so think this one needs moving to Oct 19
- Sort Desk – need this one sorting – Still not done this one. I did get pots and jars for my pens though!!
- Try to plan main blog posts through to Christmas – Not a chance, was way too busy with the day job for this one, unfortunately!!
- Do something crafty – I am thinking of doing some reusable face pads. – Made one face pad so this one is a tick but I need to do more! ✔
- Finish at least one book! – Yeah did this one and I am about 70% through another ✔
- Date nights – need to try to fit one in!! – Nope didn’t manage to do this one! 🙁
- Streaming – still want to do this – again nope not a chance
Overall I think that it has been a fairly successful month – I actually achieved so many of my goals, I am really happy with it.
In October 2019 I would like to ….
- Carry on with Noom and have another successful month of at least 1lb loss per week
- Try for 8000 steps for 50% of October, but also building in 30 minutes exercise 3 times per week
- Get another month with break-even hours – it’s quarter-end for grant claims at work so this may not be easy.
- Finish at least one book
- Work on my night time routine
- Try to increase my social media interactions
- Try one new recipe each week
- Pick a pumpkin – I say I am going to do this every year but never manage it
- Post at least one blog post per week (ideally 2)
That’s my October 2019 goals – I do find setting the goals like this helps to keep me focused. A lot of my goals are around health and fitness and also self-care. I think these things are all important ones to focus on.
Let me know what your goals are for this month